Open DIAGCAB File
File extension DIAGCAB used by Microsoft or OEM support to deliver customized installation and test update packages to Microsoft customers. To generate these files OEM vendors or ISVs use WTP or Windows Troubleshooting Platform.
Usually to open DIAGCAB file you will just need to double click on it. Sometimes DIAGCAB file is delivered together with DIAGPKG file so you can try double-clicking on DIAGPKG.
You can run a troubleshooting pack in the Windows PowerShell window. To get the package use the Get-TroubleshootingPack cmdlet. Then pass it to the Invoke-TroubleshootingPack cmdlet. If you run DIAGCAB package in the Windows PowerShell window, the interactions are translated to text prompts.
Open DIAGCAB File on Windows OS
- Find a DIAGCAB file in question in Windows File Explorer and double click on it.
- If a file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the DIAGCAB file in question.
- If you know the application which can open DIAGCAB file then run it and see if there is a File->Open option in the application main menu.
- If you don't know the application which can open DIAGCAB file then try to search for "DIAGCAB wiki", "application to open DIAGCAB file" or "DIAGCAB file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open DIAGCAB file
Rate this page: 4/5 based on 21 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open DIAGCAB files, file extension diagcab and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...